Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Reflection

I am disappointed with the outcome of the presidential election. It is my belief that we needed to go in a new direction to get us out of these horrible economic times. That is as simple as it gets for me as to why I voted the way I did. Half of the voters agree with me. I appreciated that Mitt Romney was able to see different view points and was able to be a bipartisan leader. He was labeled a flip-flopper for knowing how to incorporate different ideas. I think he would have made a great President. I think his business savvy was needed. I also believe in the will of the people and the Will of God so I am going to continue to pray for our leaders and continue to be proud of my country and will continue to be grateful to the men who sacrificed their lives so we can be free. 

Typically, I will always think that the Republican way of government is the best way. That does not mean I think people that think differently are "bad". It disappoints me when I see people disregard other parties' beliefs as immoral or crooked just because they have a different stance politically. I think our two party system is a good one. I believe that typically people who are willing to serve in our government care and are trying to do their best. I appreciate that someone would be willing to serve. I take offense when people somehow see our government as a bad one.  I am offended that people say that we are somehow to blame for the hatred from other countries who see our way of life as "infidel".  No matter who our leader is, that group of people will always hate us. 

I am so glad that I live in America.  I believe in the United States of America and I have faith in my leaders no matter which party. I do however believe that the Democratic party in power too long will eventually create too much government, taxes, will begin to encroach on the growth of business, and will weaken our military. I also worry about dependence on government. People need a way out to succeed not government dependence. In this fragile economic time good decisions and stewardship is vital.  The economy was on a bubble and it burst during the very end of President Bush's term and during the beginning of President Obama's term. The Democrats had total control when Obama entered his office. Obama and the Democrats did not listen to other viewpoints or incorporate Republican ideas on how to start the recovery. They saw their victory as a mandate.  I think Obama made huge mistakes which made the economy steadily worse. His victory this time is far from a mandate and so I pray that humility will help all of our leadership make better decisions. I hope and pray that our President Obama lives up to the faith and trust of the American people and I hope he makes better decisions this term.  I also have faith that America will be fine. As I said before, I am praying, proud, and grateful. 

The healing of our land is not dependent on any one leader but on God's people to do their part. 
2 Chronicles 7:14 

No comments:

Post a Comment