Sunday, October 28, 2012

MSU lost to Alabama



This is what my cousin Russ Garner said after our loss to Alabama, "When did my True Maroon begin? It didn't begin in 1968, when I was born, it didn't begin in 1988 when I first went to school at State, nor in 1990 when I graduated. It began in 1912 when a young country boy (my great-grandfather) from Northwestern Noxubee county stepped onto the campus of Mississippi A & M College. Tradition. That began a legacy that includes in my family numerous uncles, cousins, and continues today, 100 years later with my son. I still believe!" 

So I will say the same thing, "When did my True Maroon begin? It didn't begin in 1964, when I was born, it didn't begin in 1982 when I first went to school at State, nor in 2002 when I graduated. It didn't begin when my husband graduated from MSU in 1996. It began in 1912 when a young country boy (my grandfather) from Northwestern Noxubee county stepped onto the campus of Mississippi A & M College. Tradition. That began a legacy that includes in my family numerous uncles, cousins, and continues today, 100 years later with my three sons. I still believe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment